Institute for Information Resource Management, Beijing
Director — Professor Lai Maosheng
Web site — http://irm.im.pku.edu.cn/
The Institute for Information Resource Management (Beijing) was founded in 2002, as part of the Department of Information Management, Peking University. Professor Lai Maosheng was appointed the director of the institute. Since its founding, the institute has completed several projects entrusted by relevant units, and made quite a number of important achievements. The institute also plays an important role in the cultivation of master's and doctor's degree students.
The main projects that have been completed in recent years include:
- Research on the basic theories of the exploitation and utilization of information resources (entrusted by the State Council Informatization Office);
- A sub-project of the investigation of the informatization in Guangdong Province (entrusted by Guangdong Provincial Committee and Government);
- A sub-project of the research on the relationship between the Scientific Outlook on Development and the development of high-tech industries (entrusted by the National Development and Reform Commission);
- The third sub-project of World Bank loan project of "the Plan of Handan digitization urban construction“, etc.
The recent research task are listed as follows:
- Research on public information resources and the exploitation and utilization of them;
- Research on the government policies and laws of information resources management;
- Research on the relationship between the information resources construction and the digital library construction;
- Research on the method of estimating information resources management;
- Research on the technical standards and specifications of information resources management on the Internet;
- Research on the strategy of Information Content Industry development, etc.